Rector Search Update
The application period for St. John's rector search is now closed. The discernment committee is currently reviewing applications and will be in touch with all candidates shortly.
How to Apply
With the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the Discernment Committee of St. John’s Church Western Run Parish seeks qualified priests who are willing to explore a call to be the next rector of St. John’s. We welcome your candidacy and look forward to learning more about your experience and vision. Please send the following materials to be considered for the position:
- Cover letter
- List of references
- Links to video recordings of three sermons — ideally one touching on a difficult issue, a feast-day sermon, and your favorite sermon from the last year.
- A PDF of your current full OTM portfolio.
- Responses to the three additional writing prompts shown below.
Our application period closes on Thursday, October 12, 2023. Interested candidates should submit all required materials electronically to:
The Rev. Canon Stuart Wright
Diocesan phone: 410-467-1399 or 800-443-1399
In the hope of mitigating the role that bias plays in a clergy search process, we wish to read responses to the following three prompts without knowing any demographic information about you. Please respond to each prompt without identifying your gender, race, cultural backgrounds, age, geographical location, family structure, sexual orientation, or gender identity so that the Discernment Committee can conduct an initial blind review of all candidates.
Please limit each response to no more than 300 words.
- Describe the kind of environment you have created in the parishes you have served and what you did specifically to foster that environment.
- What current theological question or challenge are you contemplating right now?
- How has worship in the Episcopal tradition shaped you as a believer in Jesus?